There are two people who are heavy on my mind today. They are not close friends of mine, they are past acquaintances. They are not people I talk to regularly, they are people who show up on my Facebook newsfeed. You know the ones. I see the status-worthy things in their day-to-day lives.

These two people are each, respectively, in the midst of what you could call a tragedy or a crisis or a deep, hard struggle. Right now they probably have more questions than answers. They probably struggle with more fear than hope. Right now they probably need other people in ways they hadn't before.

I write this publicly because: 1.) You don't have to know who they are to pray for them, and 2.) because I think that this is not so individualized--it might be applicable to someone else. (Or to everyone else.)

I'm not close to these people. I won't hear their inner thoughts or feelings. I know only through the grapevine, only what they choose to show. But my heart is with them today and other days. I have cried for them. I have prayed for them. I ask the questions, too.

I want to say to both of them: If it comforts you at all to know that other people are also scared, that other people have shed tears for you, prayed prayers on your behalf, asked those hard questions and gotten no answers. If it helps to know that there are people out there who don't say it, but have been thinking about you often, then be comforted.

Not Scared Here

I sought the Lord, and He answered me 
He delivered me from my fears 
I'm not scared here
I'm not scared here

I came to His shelter, found love in His wings 
I said, "What is required of me?" 
I came to His shelter, found love in His wings 
I said, "There's nothing I have to bring. 
My wallet is empty, I'm down to my last 
What is required of me?"

He said, "Your wallet is empty, You're down to your last, but everything here is free!"

Take and eat 
Take and drink 
Take this love 
Take this peace 
Take this hope 
Take this strength and sing!


Comments

  1. I agree with you, I also see hurting people, oftentimes we don't know how deep they hurt or exactly what the need is but I too pray that they feel our prayers for them. This is a neat way to let them know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts