Redemption

Tonight, I feel acutely  the weight of my sin. Despite my best efforts. In resistance to my pride.

I feel the severity of my past, my history. The scar tissue that opens up easily to reveal the old wounds. In spite of all that time. All that healing. All that... trying.

I feel the heaviness of our fears, the drag they pull. The anchor that holds us back from sailing in the wind.

But more than that I feel the refreshing waves of hope. The truth that lives in spite of my sin, my best efforts, my pride, my worst fears, my old scars. The truth of redemption. Isn't it wonderful that we are redeemed from our iniquities? We, ourselves. Saved from ourselves. Our mistakes, our fears. This truth sits deep in my soul tonight. The humility of admission and repentance and the plentiful redemption that meets us there.

"You are peace, You are peace 
When my fear is crippling.
You are truth, You are truth
Even in my wandering."

Psalm 130
A Song of Ascents
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my pleas for mercy!

If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness
that you may be feared.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits
and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.

O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
and with him is plentiful redemption.
And he will redeem Israel
from all his iniquities.

Comments

Popular Posts